1. More than 90% of lice come from hair-to-hair contact with an infested person.
2. Sharing personal items like brushes or hair accessories.
3. Children working together in small spaces where heads touch.
4. Sharing a batting or safety helmet.
5. Hugs. (don’t give up hugging! Just be proactive.)
6. Cloth seats in the movie theater, on a bus, train, or plane (unlikely though.)
7. Sharing dress-up clothes, hats or hooded sweatshirts.
8. Lying on someone’s bed who has lice.
9. Trying on clothes in stores.
*All the above ways to get lice must be in conjunction with an infested person.
*Most lice cases come from head-to-head contact.
*Less than 10% of lice are from the environment.